Photos courtesy of Ryan Prouty

Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

WOO-HOO, its Monday! Time for that weekly purging of the conscience by being brutally honest and living to tell about it! To think I used to dread Monday! Now, its so much fun to read what other people are NOT doing and compare them to mine and start to feel a bit better about myself...JUST KIDDING!! Ah, the free therapy of just letting it all hang out! I didn't keep a record this week, but I'll give it a try anyway...

I did not take this picture just to document the fact that my laundry basket was empty! I did not cringe when I picked the kids up from school and was handed Alayna's sheets from preschool that were sent home for washing about 10 minutes after this picture was taken... We did not have another hard frost on Friday. I did not get any weird looks from my neighbors as I was taking pictures of the tree parts laying in the grass next to the curb in front of the house in the morning. I did not think it looked beautiful.I did not finally cave in and turn on the heat for the first time this winter when the thermostat confirmed my near freezing state. I had not already baked muffins, done 2 loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher, ran 3 miles on the treadmill, and took a hot shower to try to warm up the house. I am not sure how cold it was when I started, but this wasn't gonna cut it after all that effort! I am not kidding myself into thinking this will stir up any sympathy from anyone living anywhere besides South Florida!

I did not take a beating in bowling Saturday night. I was not happy for the bumpers!I was not SO excited to see my old friend Gilad (Total Body Sculpt) on the Discovery Health Channel!! I didn't just leave him exercising in the other room as I listened with my computer on my lap while I typed this post. I was not again so excited when he came on again at 8:30. I am not listening to him working out again. I am not hoping he has another show at 9:00!

I did not get upset at any child for doing this to my hand mixer while we were making Gabe's birthday cake:Okay, I am feeling freer already!! What have you not been doing this week? Click over to www.mycharmingkids.net to check out what others have not been up to!

2 comments:

Youth Leaders said...

I just hide my dirty laundry so I have 24 hours of an empty basket.

Maura

Anonymous said...

I am so not feeling sorry for your cold house...I am not excited that it will be that temperature outside today...and then plummet back to reality in the tundra tomorrow as it is getting ready to snow for the next four days. sigh. I can't imagine that you would be upset with the children getting your mixer dirty. It doesn't clean off, so that really makes sense. Love you!