Photos courtesy of Ryan Prouty

Friday, April 9, 2010

The rollercoaster ride

What we thought was the ride slowing to stop was really the peak of another hill and the bottom came out again yesterday of our house deal...God really enjoys showing His might and sovereignty! The deal is unofficially off again (for the umpteenth time) as the seller is too impatient to give the bank enough time to close the deal.  We are chilling this weekend over a decision we have to make to bring the deal back to life or not. Here is what I am doing with my weekend: 
My first ever 10K! I ran a 5K several years ago and have been running again (well before the crack of dawn with my friend Kristen) faithfully. We decided to do this race since proceeds go to the Special Olympics. I am pumped and have had several 10K runs to prepare and can't believe that I am actually capable! It will be GREAT stress relief.  I am choosing peace...sometimes I have to rechoose it again minute by minute!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I don't think I could run 10 feet! Waiting to hear on the next house move. Your on again, off again sounds a lot like our house deal on this house. That was 9 years ago this week. The Lord definitely opens doors where he wants us to be, even though at times it looks like He's closing them!

Becky said...

You are my hero...running a 10K!!! Praying for your housing and for peace and wisdom in decisions!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, Travis. You go girl and show the others how it's done. You have been faithfully running while praying for months and months now, run the race. So very proud of you.
Blessings, prayers, steadfastness, and safe running.
G. & G. P.