Can you identify those feet???
Then, we celebrated with a few families for Mother's Day by driving to Henry County to ride 4 wheelers and shoot shot guns and hunt for mushrooms and walk the trails and get really muddy...hmmm...wonder if we'll have a spa day for Father's Day...Anyway, Alayna had it out with the teter totter and came up short. She smacked her chin and ended up with a deep enough cut that we thought she would need stitches. Because it split from the impact, it was a perectly clean cut that we patched up initially with a butterfly for the trip into the hospital. It looked so good that we decided to forgo the trip to the ER on Mother's Day. I am glad to say it looks great now! We celebrated Mother's Day just she and I with my mom the next day with lunch and a movie. Cute bandaid, huh? We had our very own viewing of the movie Nim's Island. We were the only 3 people in the theater! Alayna had to use the bathroom twice during the movie and the first time we went, she was worried about Grammy saving her seat! I announced loudly that we would be right back and for no one to take her seat. She was satisfied with that!
Keep the prayers coming our way, we have certainly seen the power of the prayers of the righteous!! Here are some updated requests:
1) For our moving plans, our new place to live, humility to accept the help we will desperately need in this packing/loading/cleaning process.
2) For spiritual refreshment/peace as we are saddened about the blessings we are leaving behind in Iowa, of family and friends and a strong church and church body.
3) For us to find a church quickly to get plugged in with upon arrival.
4) For our kids as they are finishing up school and running around like crazy with us as we meet with supporters. For us not to overlook their needs in this time. For us to be a Godly example of faith and obedience to them in our everyday lives.
5) We will be traveling to Omaha for a family wedding Saturday. Many details of this need to fall into place Friday. Pray for the Lord's will in those plans.
6) For my friend Suzy whose grandma recently passed away at the age of 92 and for her grandpa still living at 95 who are left behind and missing her already. Pray for the perfect peace and comfort that only God can provide.
Thanks for joining us on this adventure. Again, we would love to hear how we could be holding you up in prayer as well.